The class lasts 14 weeks, with 12 weeks of homework. Each week will include a lesson from Jana delivered by audio recording (you listen when it’s convenient for you), some group discussion with your virtual group partners, and individual homework.
Sorry: all books are sold out and groups are closed for Spring 2019. To be notified when next groups are announced, please sign up on the waiting list.
If you engage just a little, you’ll see little change. If you engage deeply, you’ll see deeper change. Because of that, I require everyone signing up to agree to these requirements:
1. Commit to weekly attendance. Sure, there may be a week or two when you or your child is sick or there’s a similar emergency, and you just can’t make it. But I really want you to determine ahead of time that you’ll make this class a priority: schedule flexible appointments at another time, don’t use “eh, I don’t feel like it” as an excuse, etc. When you miss weeks, you miss information and interaction, and you lose momentum.
2. Commit to doing homework every week. If you don’t… At best, the ideas won’t sink as deep and you won’t internalize them. At worst, you’ll miss a critical discovery that could make all the difference to you. Where will you carve out 30 — 45 minutes once a week to invest in feeling better?
3. Be available by email. I send questions and encouragement most every week. If you don’t read or respond to them, you miss part of the conversation.
4. Do it with a friend — or two, or more. Because those who’ve done this class in the past said “knowing I’m not alone” was one of the most helpful aspects of the course, I feel that this is absolutely critical. Also, having a friend on board will help you both keep going. You can listen to the weekly audio lesson together or separately, but you really must touch base some way — in person, by phone, Skype, or FaceTime — to talk about what you’re learning and what you’re struggling with. God made us to do life together!
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS JAN 9.
There are two parts to registering: completing the form, and purchasing the book. Both can only be done at the women’s Bible study registration table at the Java Mingle Jan 9. (Or see * below.)
Got questions? Contact me.
Registration — virtual group
To ensure you’re enrolled and receive a book, you must:
1. Complete a paper registration form, and turn it in when you…
2. Pay for your book at the Bible study registration table at the Java Mingle, Jan. 9.
*If you’re unable to attend the Java Mingle: email me about your registration.